Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mary Lou Christiansen

Grandma Christiansen passed away Sunday morning in her sleep. The past few years have been hard for her with many different health problems. Her husband (my grandpa) passed away some 30 years ago. She is now reunited with him and I'm sure very happy.

I will miss her. I remember her coming to visit us in Michigan. She stayed with me and Kristi when Teri was born. She was always very happy to see us and hear from us. She made sure that she always sent us a birthday card and Christmas presents. She liked doing things with her hands, especially crocheting, which is probably where Mom and I get it from.

I remember visiting her in the summers in Idaho. We always loved to go up there. She always made sure that we were comfortable and made us good food.

She was very thoughtful and would randomly send notes or cards. She wanted to know what was going on in our lives. I know she loved me and I loved her very much.

No comments:

Followers