Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Introducing Jaiden Earl

Jaiden Earl was born January 8 at 11:55 pm. He was 7 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches. He was almost a whole pound bigger than Ian was. Rex wasn't there as he has started his job in Colorado (he left on the 2nd), but we were able to get him on Skype when Jaiden was born. My mom and mother in law were with me and were a big help. I was only in the hospital about 4 1/2 hours before he was born (much better than the 12 with Ian). I did have contractions all day Friday, I just had to wait until they were close enough together.
After I was admitted to the hospital, I got an epidural pretty soon afterward. They then broke my water and things progressed pretty quickly. I pushed a few times before he was born.
We stayed in the hospital until Sunday afternoon. Ian was not allowed to come visit because he is under 14. The hospital visiting policy changed on Monday though and if we had stayed that long, he would have been able to come.
Ian is doing great with his brother. The first thing he said when we got home was, "You have Jaiden." He also says that he likes him and loves him. Ian now seems so big.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Welcome home, Jaiden!

Megan said...

Congrats!!! He is so beautiful!!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! It's amazing how quickly those older siblings grow up once the baby is in the house. I hope you enjoy having 2!

Carrie said...

Congratulations you guys!

Unknown said...

Sooo cute, I just want to hold him!

Followers