Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Church

So Rex’s work schedule has changed yet again (so it actually changed at the beginning of the month) and he works Sundays again. He does get off in time to come to the last two hours of church, but I have to do Sacrament meeting alone with the boys. They really aren’t that bad, but it is harder when it is just me.

Anyway, Sunday was Stake Conference. Since it was in the morning, Rex couldn’t go (we did go to the adult session Saturday night though). On the way home I was kind of complaining to myself about the fact that Rex can’t come and there aren’t that many people who really understand what it is like. Then all the sudden I thought of my mom. She did it when my dad was in the Bishopric, Teri couldn’t have been that old. So I started thinking about all the other women who sit alone with their children during Sacrament meeting, either because of their husband’s calling, work, single mother, or inactive/nonmember husband. So I realized there really are a lot of people that do this and I am not alone (and there are some wonderful ward members who help out when they see that I need help, i.e. Ian running away or throwing a tantrum). I don’t even know why I was complaining last Sunday. Ian was good during stake conference (which was a good meeting, broadcast from SLC) and Jaiden was pretty good for not having taken a nap at all that morning.

Our stake boundaries are really big (I don’t know how big, so don’t ask). So they decided this time to broadcast the meetings within the stake to the ward buildings. So the Priesthood and Adult sessions were held at our building and broadcast to the other buildings. The stake president said they may do that for training and for at least some stake conferences so people don’t have to travel that far (like 3+ hours) and more people will be able to attend. Last time stake conference was in Rifle which is about 3 hours from us (I didn’t go because I didn’t want to go that far with two kids, one only a few months old and I would have had to find a ride since we only had one car at the time).

No comments:

Followers