The boys and I packed up the van and left New Year’s Eve for Utah. We went to my parents’ house first. I was able to see my sister Kristi, her husband and son before they left the next morning! I spent Sunday with my parents and sister Teri. Monday morning I went shopping with my mom to get stuff for Danielle’s wedding cake.
This was the reason we went, I was making the cake for Danielle (Rex’s sister) and needed time to make it. I was able to make the cake that week and help set up for the reception Friday night. The reception was great. Rex left Friday night after work and drove out. He was there for the sealing and the luncheon afterward. Rex left again Saturday night, since he had to work Sunday. He amazingly got Saturday off because he had training on a different day, so he was able to see his sister get married.
It was a snowy day at the Draper Temple, but great nonetheless. Ian found places outside to “warm up.” I think the dryer vents and for the hot water for the font or something.

I have another picture of the cake on my phone, but I have to figure out how to get it off. I brought our camera, but not the charger, so I didn’t take many pictures. I got these two off facebook.

It was great to be with family that week, but nice to finally get back and get back into our routines (mainly preschool for Ian). Ian was out of school for nearly a month, since the last week before Christmas break he was sick and then he missed the first week back after Christmas because we were gone.
1 comment:
you made the cake?! good job!!
Post a Comment