Saturday, March 10, 2012

Kathryn Ellen Jones

Kathryn was born on Tuesday, March 6 at 2:54 pm. She weighed 6 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches long.

P3070003

On Monday, I went into the doctor. She was due on the 2nd. So I had an ultrasound to check the fluid. We found that she was breech. She was at 32 weeks, but thought she had turned since then. So we scheduled to go in Tuesday morning to try a version to turn her and then I would be induced or have a c-section, depending on if she turned. I called my parents that afternoon and they came that night to stay with the boys.

Tuesday morning we went into the hospital and had to wait until almost 2. The doctor was in surgery and then there were a couple deliveries (there were three babies, including Kathryn that were born that day, in a hospital with 4 labor and delivery rooms). Finally we tried the version, but she didn’t really move. They quickly prepped me for a c-section and we went into the operating room and she was born. It was kind of weird to hear her cry but not be able to see her.

She didn’t have any breathing problems, which I guess a lot of c-section babies do. Recovery and everything went well. The boys came and saw her with my parents before they all left for Utah. The boys will be back in a week, giving me time to recover and us getting used to a new baby.

P3070004

CAM_0832

Ian thinks Kathryn is “very cute.” He also said that he saw her black hair. He was kind of confused when I said that both he and Jaiden were born with black hair too, and then it turned blond (by the time they were one). Jaiden didn’t quite know what to think. He would only hold her for like 5 seconds, so no picture of him holding her. They are having fun in Utah with Grandma and Grandpa.

P3090002

Already to go home, Friday afternoon.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

That's how big my little Whitney was when she was born! I really hope your recovery goes well. Kathryn is beautiful!

Unknown said...

so cute! I am glad you have a week to recover without the boys.

Megan said...

Congratulations!!! That's how my sister spells her name too. :) She's beautiful!!

Rob and Marseille said...

congrats! I'm glad you have time to enjoy just her! i hope your recovery continues to go well.

Lissy said...

She is beautiful! And from a C-Section baby, we turn out just fine. :)

Kelly said...

Belated congratulations! Hope you are feeling good!

p.s. The boys look so alike (to me :0).

Kelly said...

I saw this before, but I guess I had a sleeping baby in my arms or something. Congratulations! Hope you are adjusting well!

Followers