
We went to the fair on Thursday, it was the dollar day, if you bring a can of food to donate. What could be cheaper? I remembered the camera and I don't feel like reordering the pictures, so we will start at the end of the day. We got there at 11 and stayed until 2:30, because we waited for the parrot show. The guy brought his birds all the way from Vegas. He was saying all how it is the greatest bird show, so we were disappointed that it was so short and not that great, the bird show at the Hoogle Zoo is way better. Unless he meant show with only parrots. The show was still okay. Ian started getting tired and antsy though.

These two pictures were while we were waiting for the bird show to start. Ian is getting pretty good putting on my sunglasses the right way. He couldn't decide whether to stay in the stroller or not.


There was one booth that had a couple of free games, we were on a tight budget, so we didn't do anything that cost more than getting into the fair (except food to food the animals, below, so we spent $3 total). So Ian and Rex did minature golf. Rex didn't win, Ian didn't count. He just set the ball anywhere and hit it. We all did the bean bag toss, again we didn't win anything.


The had a petting zoo type thing near the entrance. Ian liked petting the animals, but not feeding them so much, which I don't blame him, it feels weird. They had all sorts of farm animals. Ian liked the baby pigs the best, which sadly I didn't get a picture of. But here are Rex and Ian brushing a cow.

This is a yak or something (I don't remember which one was the yak). They also had Texas long horn, but I didn't get that great of a picture. The horns are huge.

Petting the sheep.
We also went to the exhibit hall where all the entries were exhibited. The best of show cake was amazing, ours paled very much next to it. But we did get a first place (not sure exactly what that means as a lot got first place).
It was fun and we didn't even go on any of the rides (they were all $3-4). I wouldn't have gone on them anyway, except maybe the train.
1 comment:
I'm jealous. Sounds like you had fun. :)
Post a Comment