Sunday, June 6, 2010

Grocery Shopping

On Thursday, I went grocery shopping for the first time with just the two boys and no Rex. The boys were pretty good. We went shopping at Walmart, yuck. I have realized, at least out here, Walmart’s food is not cheaper than the other grocery stores, except the produce, but hopefully farmers markets will be starting this coming week, so we can go to those. The cleaning supplies and diapers are cheaper though. Ian was so good. He had to go potty when we first got there (they have a great family bathroom with a toilet just his size) and then on the way I had to change Jaiden and Ian decided he had to go to the bathroom again. We stopped at the Mercantile here in town. They have little grocery carts just Ian’s size, which he always has to get. He was pretty good until we went down the aisle to get some canned fruit that was one sale. It was also the candy aisle, so he saw the M&Ms and wanted some and was mad when I told him no. So I had to carry both him and Jaiden (I had Jaiden in the Baby Bjorn carrier anyway, which I love and we got for $5 at a yard sale at Wymount when Ian was a baby). The people at that store are so friendly and helpful. The one guy (I still don’t know his name) carried out our two bags of groceries for me while I had the boys.

No comments:

Followers