We went out to North Carolina for the Collier family reunion. It was fun. I went to the last one five years ago, it was right after we were married. I had to relearn a lot of the cousins’ names since they had grown up. Rex has a few cousins that are around Ian’s age and one that is Jaiden’s age. Ian had a blast playing with lots of people, especially Araina (almost 4) and Althea (5). They rented a family lodge at a YMCA camp plus two smaller cabins. The lodge was pretty nice, it had AC and rooms for everyone. Our room had a bunk bed, the bottom was a double bed and top single. Ian slept on the top bunk (it did have rails on the side), which scared me, but he did great. It had a huge kitchen, dining room, and living room. We had lots of activities. We did some teamwork activities (Rex helped plan those along with his aunt Jolene). I guess I didn’t do all those activities, since I had some videos Rex took of an activity I didn’t even see. We had a family history hike, a short hike with six stops were someone would tell a story about an ancestor. Ian went swimming a few times. We had a service project (weeding and cleaning up the steam at the camp).
A pretty big group of us went on a Ropes Course. When they first mentioned a ropes course, I was thinking one like I did at girls’ camp in Michigan. We got to the course and it was nothing like I thought. It was pretty big and very high off the ground. We got into harnesses and everything. I was so scared when we climbed up to the first level, but Rex made me go. I did the whole course and even made it down the zip line okay. We didn’t get any pictures at the Ropes Course, but I know others did, so hopefully they will post them on Facebook soon and then I can get them and post them.
Sunday we went to church and had a family devotional at Grandma and Grandpa’s house. We came home on Monday. Boths boys did pretty well on the airplane. Ian got a little tired and whiney at one point.
We did get a few pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment