Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunbeams

I think I’ve mentioned before that I teach the Sunbeams (3-4 year olds) in our ward. I love teaching them, but this year so far has been so hard. Ian is now in my class. He was so excited for a long time to be able to go to Sunbeams and come with me to my class. That excitement wore off the first Sunday and things really aren’t any better. All the other kids are good for 3 year olds (what three year old can sit for long periods of time). Ian is particularly bad in Primary (for music/sharing time/closing). He does NOT want to be in there. He fights me the whole time. So today when I went to the combined meeting, I asked how Ian did, Heidi (the Primary president) said he did okay, one of the other ladies sat with him for at least part of the time. They are looking for a new Sunbeam teacher, to see if Ian will do better with someone else, and then I will just be a floater for any teacher that isn’t there on a particular Sunday.

Also the night before, Ian or Jaiden or both sleep lousy so I get hardly any sleep. It’s like they know when it is Sunday and they don’t want me to get any sleep because  they know it will be a hard day for me.

No comments:

Followers