The day after we got back from Utah, Ian started school (he was actually a week late). He was so excited for kindergarten. He is loving it so far.
His school is a mile away, so too close to ride the bus, to far to walk (with the hills and a double stroller), so I drive him everyday. He goes all day long. He brings a lunch to school. The school has PE, art, and music on a three day rotation. Ian loves art and PE, but not music. The days when he knows he has music, he doesn’t want to go to school, but then I remind him of other things. He has two friends that he plays with most often at recess.
This past Friday they went on their first field trip, to a park here in town. Ian was very excited about riding the bus. It was pretty cold (it had been pretty nice until Thursday and then it decided to get cold all the sudden, Wednesday was in the upper 70s and then it went down to the lower 50s or 40s).
There was also a Family Fun Night the PSA put together for the whole school. It was pretty fun. There were a bunch of different games. I have gone to one PSA meeting, the next one is Monday. I am excited to get involved in his school. I have been able to volunteer in his classroom one time so far.
1 comment:
i love volunteering in christopher's class. i did once a week the first 2 years, but havent been able to go yet this year. hoping to go once a week again after christmas. (oh, babysitters :/)
Post a Comment