So I was going to go to bed instead of want up for Rex (he's at a basketball game), but I couldn't sleep because I have all these thoughts running around in my head and I was pretty much composing this post in my head.
I was reading someone's blog and she was mentioning who some people who give birth "naturally"- meaning without doctors or epidural and such make you think that your bond with your child isn't as strong if you use epidural and don't feel it all. I was reading something else a few days ago and it got under my skin. I don't think I could love Ian anymore or be bonded with him differently. I wanted to have a doctor there to make sure things went well and were alright. I think it was a much more pleasant experience for me because I gave birth in a hospital. I was able to have people there to help me and pretty good food. I think it is fine that people have different opinions, just don't make people feel bad or try to make out how they do things as "wrong."
Oh and another thing, I don't think there is so much difference between nursing and formula feeding a baby. In the long run, I don't think it really makes a difference for the child. I was formula fed and so were my sisters. We have turned out just fine. When I decided to nurse Ian, I never thought I would nurse him for so long, but he won't take a bottle! If anyone reading this has any suggestions on weaning Ian, I'm totally willing to listen. I hope I can get him weaned by May (when he will be one, that's only two months away!).
I also, for the first time ever, saw something about alternative baby showers. What is so wrong with the traditional baby shower. To me a shower is a time to get together with friends and family and talk.
I hope I haven't offended anyone, this has just been bugging me for a little while.
Anyway, enough about all that. Ian and I have colds right now. I got it first and then Ian has just gotten it. This morning he was just fine with me wiping his nose and using the bulb syringe thing, but this afternoon he was NOT fine with it. He keeps turning his head and whining. Hopefully it won't get worse and we will be over these colds soon and Rex won't get it.
2 comments:
You go, Becky! Now I don't feel so bad about writing what I did. As for weaning Ian, my advice wouldn't help because I started giving my kids a bottle about once a week to get used to it when they were only a month old...Good luck!!
Becky,
I am on your side!!! Im so glad you expressed yourself because I feel like at church and in the world today, everyone is saying that you are bad if you dont go natural. I feel like I cant say much, since I dont have a kid-but I dont think natural is any better. And as far as nursing, they say it is better, so if people can do it, great, but I know people who have a hard time about it and I dont think they should feel guilty in anyway!!!
P.S. Sorry this is from an old post, I just decided to go back and read your other posts.
Post a Comment