Friday, February 13, 2009

We found a Place!

We have been busy the last couple weeks looking for an apartment an Ogden. I called a bunch of places to see what was in our price range. After about a week of calling, we went and looked at apartments. I think we looked at a total of five or six places (it is hard getting a hold of people). Yesterday I looked at two apartments that I liked in our price range. They were owned by the same people. We are going to go with the little bit cheaper one, it seemed like it had more space, especially storage. The bathroom was decent in this place. A lot of the places we looked at had kind of gross bathrooms, in that they were stained (mirror, tub or toilet). One place the bathroom door was like a closet door, needless to say, that bugged me. The kitchen in this place has a decent amount of counter space, meaning more than Wymount has. So now we are filling out the application and hopefully we can move into an apartment in the next few weeks.

In other news, at my job at the school, we have finally started the program that I was hired for. We were the last school in the district to start. Now one of the ladies I work with is quitting so they are looking for a new person. This lady and her husband were both retired and then she got a job and he started complaining. The ladies I work with are great and friendly and a good deal older than me. Two of them already have grandkids, some of which are already in elementary school. The other, her youngest is like 14 or 15. We go in the kindergarten and first grade classrooms and each take a small group and do reading instruction. It is going pretty well. The first grade is bored with what we are doing with them, but most still do what we ask good naturedly. I have the highest groups in all the first grade classes. My one kindergarten group tells me everyday that they are bored, but have been better the past couple days since I have started giving them points for good behavior.

Well I should go now, Ian really wants someone to play with right now.

No comments:

Followers