We went up to Idaho this weekend to visit my grandma. Ian was good on the trip, he slept for some of the car ride and was pretty easily entertained the rest of the ride. We left Friday morning, it takes about 3 hours to get up there, so not too bad. We decided not to go see Rex's grandma this trip (an extra 4 hours each way up there). It was good to see my grandma and my uncle Neal. My other uncle, Mike, and his daughter Kadee and granddaughter stopped by Saturday night. They were going to a football game, semi professional football, a team my cousin plays on.
On Saturday we went up to Craters of the Moon. We looked around at the visitor's center and did a few of the short hikes/trails. Ian was able to do them because they were so short. It is pretty much all lava up there. I will post pictures tomorrow, when I get around to uploading the pictures. It was kinda cold and rainy so we didn't stay too long. Also, Ian was getting tired and slept most of the way back to my grandma's.
We went to my grandma's ward on Sunday. They have a huge ward and a lot of little kids. They have two nurseries. Rex said combined it looked like there was about 25 kids in the two. Wow! That is more than our ward. The people were nice there and a couple asked about grandma.
Sunday night my grandma's sister and her husband and son stopped by to visit for a few minutes. I guess I have met them before, but I don't really remember them. Grandma enjoyed having them over.
We left Monday morning. We stopped in Twin Falls, at the Snake River visitor's center there. We were going to drive down to the river, but there were some base jumpers, so we stayed and watched them. We got a couple on video, and I will have Rex post them (I don't know how to get things off our video camera). It was cool to watch. They jump off the bridge with parachutes and land by the river, they had a flag marking the landing spot. They were certified sky divers and everything, so they knew what they were doing.
It was funny listening to and watching Ian entertain himself on the way home. He would start talking loudly, or tickle himself. We also had capri sun juice things which he loved, both to drink and were great entertainment, he loves straws.
No comments:
Post a Comment