After we ate, we headed over to the baseball field. We got pretty good seats, out of the sun (most seats were out of the sun). Ian was excited to "watch baseball." Rex took him down by the field to give some of the players high fives. Even though he likes watching sports, Ian could not sit still. There was a little playground by one side of the field, so Rex took him there for a little bit and his mom did later. Before the game, they retired Tommy LeSoda's number, he was a manager for them some time ago? The game started out good, with the Raptors ahead (no, I don't remember who they played). By the fifth inning or so, the pitching started going downhill and the other team got several runs in. Though the inning before, the Raptors hit two home runs, which was exciting. We left soon after that, it was late and Ian was so tired. The Raptors ended up losing by two. It was fun to go, though I have to admit that when I go to sports events, I don't pay attention much.
One thing that I noticed was all the people with beer (I'm pretty sure that was what was in those cups they were carrying). I'm not used to that at all as the only sports events I have been to have been BYU, where there was no beer at all. or smoking for that matter. I guess we were kinda by the one spot in the stadium where you were allowed to smoke:( I thought it would have been banned in the whole stadium with that new smoking ban law, but I guess they have to have a spot for people to smoke.
No comments:
Post a Comment