My sister Kristi wants me to post something everyday and I will decided I will try to, except when we are out of town. But, Kristi, you need to post at least every other day.
Today, Ian and I went to Music Makers at the church. A few of the moms in the ward, and their kids, meet together every Thursday and learn songs and play. I don't lead any of the songs or activities. My number one reason, I don't sing well. Also, I wasn't here when they started this. It is fun to go each week and socialize, sing and dance with the kids. I was tired by the end of the hour, I just sat down for the last couple of songs. I also was very hungry. I need to remember to bring crackers or something.
I was able to run some much needed errands today while Ian took a nap (Rex was home, don't worry). I got my contact prescription and ordered new contacts. My last appointment was at Lens Crafters at the mall. I wasn't impressed with them at all. They charged me more than they told me and the contacts were expensive (compared to Costco). So today I went to Costco to order contacts. Come to find out, the prescription card they gave me was for glasses, which I didn't go to the eye doctor to get. So I had to go to Lens Crafters and get my contact prescription and then back to Costco. I will not be returning to Lens Crafters.
I also went to Michaels to get cake pans (square ones for a wedding cake) and priced fondant. I am trying to decided if it would be cheaper to make marshmallow fondant. I also got stuff to hang the boards I made forever ago at Super Saturdays down at Wymount. While there, I realized Michaels doesn't have fabric (I am going to make curtains).
I got my hair cut this afternoon. I have been meaning to get it cut for a few weeks now, it is getting hot. So today, I finally asked a woman in our ward who does hair. So Ian and I went over this afternoon and he played with her kids while she cut my hair. It was hard to get Ian to leave when we were done. She did a good job. I will post pictures tomorrow when I can straighten my hair and Rex can take a picture. It is Rex's last late night for a little while!!
My sister Teri and I had a girls night last night. I was bored, so invited her over. We watched What a Girl Wants (cute movie, we like Amanda Bynes). We also painted our nails. My toe nails are bright pink and my finger nails are blue green.
2 comments:
Oh you are cute. That is a lot more exciting than my life. I don't have sisters here to have girl's nights with.
Marshmallow fondant is WAY cheaper than store bought fondant!
Wilton fondant is around $7 per pound.
Marshmallow fondant is a bag of mini marshmallows, a bag of powdered sugar, and some shortening & water. It's messy, but worth it!
Post pictures of your haircut!
Post a Comment