Friday, October 16, 2009

Good day

We were supposed to go to my parents' house to do laundry today, but didn't because my mom was sick (she is feeling better now, btw). So I had to decide what to do with this now empty day and figure out what we were going to do tomorrow. So Ian and I went grocery shopping this morning. I was excited to get some good deals on things, like $1 a box for General Mills cereal (true, there was only like 4 different kinds on sale, one which we don't like) and .60 for fruit snacks and .99 for cream cheese. I was able to shop the store sales and use coupons, thus the really cheap cereal and fruit snacks. It was Maceys that was having this great sale. We also went to Costco and got some things we needed (i.e. diapers and wipes, etc) and spent a lot. I was planning on feeding Ian lunch and then putting him down for a nap when we got home, but those weren't Ian's plans. He fell asleep on the way home, so nap first and lunch second.
He woke up happy, saying something about work, maybe Teri and work. Rex and I never quite figured out what he was talking about. He excitedly helped us change the sheets on the bed, usually he is a pain because he wants to play in the bed, but he was good today. I fed Ian and put fondant on my cake for class tomorrow (last session of the final cake class, finally!). We went and played outside, all over. Ian loves play in the leaves, running through them, kicking them, laying down in them, anything. I also talked to my mom for awhile. I realized today that I don't know what I would do if we lived far away from family, I like being close to go see them and stuff.
We came back and made brownies. Ian loves to help me in the kitchen. He dumped in the oil and the water and watched me mix it up. If I am making something in the kitchen, he has to come in and push the step stool over to the counter to watch and try and help. Depending on what I am doing he gets to help. When I make bread, he gets to turn the Kitchen Aid on and dump stuff in. He also helps "knead" it, though he just ends up eating his little part of dough.
We had dinner, ravioli that I got from Costco today. Ian ate a lot, some nights he eats well and other nights doesn't. He did get very messy though (spaghetti sauce), so he took a bath. We picked up his toys and went outside again. It was a beautiful day today and was pretty warm, but still had the cool feel (I love this weather, it is perfect).
Overall it was a pretty good day except that Rex works late tonight, but I am getting used to that again, though I do need more Christmas projects since I finished all the ones that I have been working on.

No comments:

Followers