Thursday, October 22, 2009

Names

For those of you who don't know, we are continuing on with the alphabet for our kids (from Rex's {this is his middle name} family and they ended with H, hence Ian). We decided to do this before we had Ian and it was a mutual decision. We also told his siblings they could as well if they wanted (and their spouse). So for this baby, his name will begin with J, we are thinking about Jaden (debating also on how to spell it). I like the alphabet thing for several reasons, in no particular order: choices are narrowed down (I don't do well with tons of options), tradition, and it is fun.
Now, on to my ideas on middle names. Ian was given the middle name Indiana because Rex wanted it for his first name, but I vetoed that. I told him we could use it for his middle name, that way he could choose for himself what name to go by, like Rex did. For the rest of our children I want them to have a middle name that has some family meaning. Rex likes Jaden Alexander, but I don't know any Alexanders on either sides of our families. I want Earl (my dad and grandpa's middle name). So we will see what we decide, we still have a few months.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great. Well there goes any chance of naming anyone "bucket". Haha, just a little joke.

I think that's a fun tradition. And narrowing it down will be reaaally good if you guys ever have a girl. So many, many girl names!

Followers