Tuesday, May 17, 2011

6 years!

It’s been a little while since I have posted the end of April/beginning of May are busy for us, starting with Rex’s birthday (and also Easter this year). We took a quick trip to Utah the last weekend of April.

We got to my parents Friday night. We left the boys Saturday morning and went out. Rex and I went down to the Bountiful Temple (we got to go to the temple!) and did some shopping and ate out. It was a nice morning. We then spent the rest of the day with my parents and saw Teri and Josh for a little bit (they were also celebrating their anniversary that day). Sunday morning we went down to Rex’s parents. We had an Easter egg hunt after church and got lots of candy. We came back on Monday.

May 6 was our 6th anniversary. It is hard to believe it has been six years but also seems like we have always been married. I am so grateful for Rex, he takes good care of me and the boys. We love to have fun together.

I wasn’t planning on going out since we were counting on that Saturday date when at my parents’ for our anniversary, but he surprised me. He got someone to watch the boys and took me out to dinner. He was trying to keep it a surprise until we left, but he asked me what I was planning on for dinner and I told him. Then he said macaroni was good, the boys need to eat something. I caught on to that and figured that we were going out, but it was still a surprise. The place Rex wanted to take me to was closed for “Spring Break” (i.e. it’s not tourist season right now, it’s mud season, that is seriously what they call spring around here and it is obvious why when the rivers flood). So we found another restaurant that we hadn’t been too. The food was good, though pricey and we had no leftovers.

No comments:

Followers