Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

We had fun this year for Easter. Every night the week before Easter we had a little devotional. I got some pictures out of the Gospel Art Kit, with Jesus that week before Easter. We talked about a picture or two each night. Jaiden loves pictures of Jesus and will point Him out and say “Jesus” (I’ll have to record him saying it sometime). Ian listened pretty well.

Thursday for story time at the library they had an Easter egg hunt. They read a couple Easter stories and then the kids got to find the eggs, hidden in the children’s section of the library. Jaiden loved finding eggs and of course Ian did too. Ian wanted to find more, but there weren’t a ton. If you want to see pictures of the Easter egg hunt, you can look up the Hayden Public Library on Facebook.

Friday the boys and I colored eggs (Rex didn’t want to). Ian was very excited. Jaiden was too once he saw the cups and they had stuff inside. I didn’t get pictures of actually coloring the eggs, just before. Jaiden didn’t want to hold still for the picture, so Ian kept him there.

Saving worms and Easter 006

Saturday morning, the boys and I went down to the park for the town Easter egg hunt. Luckily the morning was nice, not raining or snowing, though I think it probably did later that day (probably rained and snowed). There were lots of kids and tons of eggs. Jaiden picked up a few eggs and then he would just stand and point at them, like “Mom, get that for me.” Ian filled his basket, I’m glad he didn’t have an Easter bucket like a lot of the kids so he couldn’t get tons of eggs.

We had our family Easter egg hunt Saturday afternoon when Rex got home from work. Ian “hid” the eggs that we painted and then I hid the plastic eggs. Ian’s hiding job was very obvious, like along the arm of the couch, on the TV stand, etc.

Easter we had crepes for breakfast (it was also Rex’s birthday). Rex and I spoke in church. Ian sang “Easter Hosanna” with the primary, or he stood up there while they sang. I had my first week in nursery and it went fine. Ian gave his first talk in Primary, Rex went in and helped him.

No comments:

Followers