I love going visiting teaching and visiting the sisters that I do. They are all older than me and in vastly different stages of their lives (some married, some not), but I learn a lot each time we go visit them. And I will hopefully be getting visiting teachers soon (the visiting teacher supervisor told me today that I would be getting some). Hopefully we will get home teachers soon now that Rex is in the Elder's Quorum presidency.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Day 6- Our Ward
I love our ward. Most of the people are friendly and willing to help. There are also a ton of opportunities to serve. I am still working on getting to know people (being in nursery didn't help except with the parents of the kids). It is great to be in a ward with people of all sorts of ages and backgrounds (Wymount was great, but now I get to learn from a lot of different people). There are also a lot of convert baptisms in our ward (we had two this week and one is coming up next Saturday, if we remember hopefully we can go to the baptism). We had a linger longer today after church. A lot of people stay to talk and eat (the food does not last long). The Bishop is great and really tries to help people, he was the one who got Rex into officiating high school football games.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rex, hope the EQ presidency is going well. It is a great opportunity to serve and a great training ground.
Post a Comment