Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Things I'm looking forward to and HELP

I know it is already Tuesday, but here is what I am looking forward to:
1. Bradley's graduation (I've never been to the U of U campus and get to see it)
2. Getting a pedicure with my mom
3. Participating in the primary activity on Saturday
4. Ian's birthday, going shopping for Ian
5. Mother's Day

I'm thinking about selling some things on Etsy. I am thinking about doing cross stitch with different sayings to display, but I need ideas on different sayings I could use. I have a list, but they seem so cliche to me. Also, does anyone know if sayings are copyrighted, or can I use them?

3 comments:

Becky said...

I think as long as you give credit to the originator of the saying you would be okay.
For example, after a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt- you'd place her name in small lettering or something.
However... I'm not 100% sure about copyrights and all of that. You'd have to look into it more. Anyone else?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Anything that is a common saying ("A bird in the hand is worth two birds in a bush", for example) would not be copyrighted.

For quotes, anything published is basically copyrighted until 70 years after the author dies. Anything published before that is free game (but of course put the person's name with it if you know it.)

Followers