My grandpa Cisney passed away this morning. He was 86 years old. I will miss him. He went into hospice care on Monday this week. Ian and I were able to go see him on Tuesday night. I didn't think he was that bad then, but my dad said he was. The next day he became unconscious.I remember when we lived in Michigan and Grandpa and Grandma would come out and visit us several times a year. In the mornings, I would go with them the Big Boys, a restaurant like JBs out here. We would go early. If we went later in the day I would always get spaghetti and a hot fudge sundae, Grandma and I would share the hot fudge sundae. Grandpa always had gum and he would share with us. He would always tease my sister Teri and take her blanket from her and hide it. She loved that blanket. He would also "catch" us and not let us go. My sisters and I would always want to sleep in the same room as them when they were here. I don't know why, since we couldn't sleep since they both snored loudly.
He was baptized when my dad was 12. He had had a heart attack. After that he stopped smoking and was baptized. He loved his family and worked hard for them.
I love you, Grandpa Cisney.
1 comment:
Becky, I'm sorry to hear that he passed away. Sounds like you have many fond memories! I am so grateful that we have the Gospel and Eternal Families. I hope the Savior comforts you and your family.
Post a Comment